Taittinger Rosé

Taittinger Prestige Rose Champagne 75Cl

Taittinger is one of the last great independent Champagne Houses owned and actively managed by the family named on the label. The family are guardians of Taittinger's style, quality and integrity.

The hallmark of their fine Champagnes is the high proportion of Chardonnay used in their winemaking, which is key for producing wines of great elegance and finesse. Additionally, with its vineyard ownership of 288ha (third largest in Champagne) Taittinger can guarantee flawless wines heralded worldwide for their consistent quality.

A shimmering pink Champagne, the Prestige Rosé gets its beautiful vibrant colour from the addition of 15% still red wine from the vineyards of Ambonnay and Bouzy, to a blend of white wine comprising at lest 30% Chardonnay. With its subtle balance of soft red fruits and crisp acidity, this wine is velvety, full-bodied and refined.

(By adding this item to your basket you are confirming that you are 18 or over.)
SPECIFICATION
Taittinger Prestige Rose Champagne 75Cl

Wine of France

Pack size: 75CL

Information

Allergy Information: Contains Sulphites

Tasting Notes:

A vibrant rosé with a vivid aroma of red summer fruit, enticing wild strawberry and raspberry dominate the stylish and elegant palate

Region of Origin: Champagne

Wine Colour: Rosé

Alcohol Units: 9.4

Producer: Champagne Taittinger

Type of Closure: Natural Cork

Wine Maker: Alexandre Ponnavoy

Country: France

Alcohol Type: Wine

Grape Variety: Chardonnay 30%, Pinot Noir 45%, Pinot Meunier 25%

Vinification Details:

L'addition method is used to make this wine to ensure consistency and quality. 85% of the fruit is vinified as white wine and to this is added the other 15% that has been vinified as a red Pinot Noir wine. This gives the Prestige Rosé its distinctive salmon pink colour. The wine is aged for 3 years. The dosage is similar to the non-vintage at 9g per litre of cane sugar. The Taittinger Brut Prestige Rosé also has a high proportion of Chardonnay which is synonymous with the Taittinger style.

History:

Champagne Taittinger's origins date back to 1734 with the founding of the original House by Jacques Fourneaux. The Taittinger link was established in 1931 when Pierre Taittinger acquired the House. He was stationed at the Château de la Marquetterie when serving in the 1st World War and fell in love with the property and its vineyards and eventually purchased the company. Today, the Reims based House remains owned and actively managed by the family named on the label.

Regional Information:

The Champagne wine region is famous for its excellent sparkling wines. It is the most northerly wine growing region in France and its unique chalky soils and climate provide ideal growing conditions. The Chardonnay grapes are sourced from a number of crus in the Marne and L'Aube. The Pinot grapes from Ambonnay, Bouzy and Les Riceys, are all highly regarded for their quality.

Storage Type: Ambient

Storage Instructions: This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 3 years

Produce of: Product of France

GIFT CARD MESSAGE AREA

Add a personalised message - this will be sent as a gift card to accompany your product.

 

£50.00
ADD TO BAG
preload preload preload